Obtain Degree Equivalence From Tribhuvan University (T.U.) | Procedure & Documents Details

If any students complete his/her degree from anywhere in foreign land or any other universities beside TU in Nepal (Pokhara University, Purbanchal University, Kathmandu University etc.), he/she must have to get obtained degree equivalence from Tribhuvan University (T.U). Degree equivalence is required mainly for any government procedure (Lok Sewa, Licence etc.) or for some foreign affairs. For this you have to visit Curriculum Devlopment Center (पाठ्यक्रम बिकास केन्द्र) located in TU boundary at Kritipur.

Obtaining degree equivalence confirms that degree you have obtained from other country is equivalent to degree in Nepal obtained from Tribhuvan University (T.U).

Documents Required:

For Bachelor's Degree:
  • SLC Marksheet
  • SLC Character Certificate
  • SLC Certificate
  • +2 Transcript
  • +2 Character Certificate
  • +2 Certificate
  • Bachelor's Transcript
  • Bachelor's Character Certificate
  • Bachelor's Degree Certificate (Obtained at Convocation)

Note: If your university is not recognised by T.U. you may be asked for your Syllabus and Project Work.

For Master's Degree: (If you have already obtained Bachelor's Degree Equivalence)
  • Bachelor's Transcript
  • Bachelor's Character Certificate
  • Bachelor's Degree Certificate (Obtained at Convocation)
  • Master's Transcript
  • Master's Character Certificate
  • Master's Syllabus
  • Master's Thesis/Research
  • Master's Migration Certificate

  • If you have not obtained degree equivalence for your Bachelor's degree you will require all the documents from SLC to your Master's Degree.
  • If you have graduated from any other counter than India, you will need xerox of passport & visa as a proof.

Process to obtain Degree Equivalence:
  • You have to visit Curriculum Development Center (पाठ्यक्रम बिकास केन्द्र) located in TU boundary at Kritipur.
  • Get you documents checked by incharge collecting documents for degree equivalence, if you are lacking any document they may not accept your application so it is better to get you documents checked first.
  • After your documents are checked and verified, proceed for payment at Nepal Bank Limited counter inside TU boundary. You can get bank account number of Curriculum Development Center in bank.
  • After you have deposited amount in their account get a bill issued from CDC.
  • Submit your documents with bill obtained to incharge collecting documents for equivalence. You documents will be submitted and you will get back bill, which you will need to get your degree equivalence.
After you have submitted they will ask you to come back after few days or a week to collect your degree equivalence certificate. If your university has not been recognised yet by TU they will ask you to come after 1-2 months. If you have any emergency you can directly contact any official and request.

Fee for degree equivalence certificate:
  • Rs. 1000 for universities recognized by T.U.
  • Rs. 4000 for Universities not yet recognized by T.U

Note: Curriculum Development Center (CDC) collects documents from 10:30 A.M to 1:30 P.M then it's their lunch time from 1:30 P.M to 2:30 P.M and again the collect documents from 2:30 P.M to 4:30 P.M. Bank counter closes at 3 P.M.

Contact Details of CDC:
Curriculum Development Center
Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: 01-4330856/4334041


Please comment if you have any issue we will try our best for you..

  1. What about Friday... Same timing for collecting documents or only till afternoon..

  2. Why the calling number are not received 😡

  3. Thanks for info

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post