After registering domain of your choice, you need a free or paid hosting to set up your blog or website. If you want to host your blog for free redirecting it to blogger is best option as its uptime is better and you need not to worry about the bandwidth. You can get reliable speed and loading of your blog or website.
You can register domain you want to host by redirecting on blogger. It can be .com, .org, .net, .co.uk, .co.cc, .tk, .in but I will be writing about .com.np as per title of our post, procedure to setup any domain is same.
- First of all you need to register and get a .com.np domain which is available freely for all citizens and organizations registered in Nepal for free and get it approved. For the procedure to get .com.np domain read our previous article Register Free Personal or Business .NP Domain [.COM.NP].
- After getting approved login to your domain registrar and set the nameserver as:
- Primary Name Server: ns1.afraid.org
- Secondary Name Server: ns2.afraid.org
- Tertiary Name Server: ns3.afraid.org
- After that you have to register and get a subdomain from blogspot where you want to redirect your registered domain.
- Now you have to get another account at FreeDNS. Using this account you will redirect your domain to blogger.
- After registering account at Free DNS, login at http://freedns.afraid.org/ and click on domains. Type your registered domain and click on add domain.
- Now click in subdomains. Then click on add. A small windows will appear as below.
- Add 5 subdomains with following value:
- Type: A Destination: 126.96.36.199
- Type: A Destination: 188.8.131.52
- Type: A Destination: 184.108.40.206
- Type: A Destination: 220.127.116.11
- Type: CNAME Subdomain: www Destination: ghs.google.com
- Now login to your blogger account and go to Settings > Basic. In publishing section click on + Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog. You will see this screen. Type your registered domain in place of www.yourdomain.com.np in screenshot. Note the highlighted section in this case 7rm6drcsvz4l and gv-ltbtaaxmsl2ysb.dv.googlehosted.com seperately.
- Go back to your FreeDNS account and add one more subdomain with values below:
- Type: CNAME Subdomain: 7rm6drcsvz4l Destination: gv-ltbtaaxmsl2ysb.dv.googlehosted.com
Note: Replace 7rm6drcsvz4l and gv-ltbtaaxmsl2ysb.dv.googlehosted.com with the values you get from your blogger dashboard.
- Now go to your blogger dashboard, Settings > Basic. In publishing section click on + Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog and type your domain again with www. if you see same message as before wait for few hours and try again. It may take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect.
That's all, now your custom domain you registered is redirected to your blogger subdomain.